POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Other Bonds (52KB) : Re: Other Bonds (52KB) Server Time
29 Apr 2024 22:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Other Bonds (52KB)
From: Kari Kivisalo
Date: 20 Feb 2001 02:45:49
Message: <3A9220F5.F5E3D687@kivisalo.net>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Can you give any clues on what differences we might see
> if POV-Ray becomes able to output 48 bit images ?

I plan to experiment with different post processing algorithms,
dynamic range compression etc., which take images with high dynamic
range and optimise them for monitor viewing. This requires the 48 bits.
The images should look more like photographs than CG. That's the short
version.

Kari Kivisalo                                  http://www.kivisalo.net